Friday, July 21, 2006

Moral gymnastics

Bush's moral stance on stem cell research surely strikes more folks than me as absurd. For all his Bible thumping, Bush has no grasp of the book. I'm fairly certain when Moses came down with the tablet that said, "You shall not kill" I'm pretty sure it didn't mean just "you shall not kill embryos," but "you shall not kill human beings," first off (probably animals too, come to think of it). Where is Bush's moral outrage at this Iraq war that has killed by some estimates 100,000 HUMAN BEINGS?

Bush launched the war by fraud. A hundred thousand human beings have been killed. Come back to me with true grief and remorse for your role in that, Bush, and I will listen to your "moral argument" over stem cells. Until then, you are bowing down to the false idol of political gain.

No comments: